We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Homemade vegan colomba: two tasty recipes to prepare the vegan colomba at home.
ThereEaster cakeit is an all-Italian typicality and today we will see how to prepare it in versionVegan.
On this page you will find two recipes to make the vegan Easter dove, a simpler and affordable one, the second recipe is more "traditional" and involves the use ofmother yeast therefore it is recommended only for those who have more patience in the kitchen.
Vegan Colomba, simple recipe
- 500 g of flour
- 270 g of almond milk
- 12 g of brewer's yeast
- 100 g of brown sugar
- 100 g of peeled, toasted and coarsely chopped almonds
- 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil or canola oil
- the grated rind of 2 oranges
- the grated rind of a lemon
- unpeeled almonds to decorate
- 1). Warm the almond milk and melt the brewer's yeast inside.
- 2). Sift the flour and place it in a very large container.
- 3). Add all the solid ingredients, such as brown sugar, citrus peel and chopped almonds.
- 4). Now add the liquid ingredients, i.e. the 5 tablespoons of oil and the solution with almond milk and dissolved brewer's yeast.
- 5). The liquid ingredients must be added gradually and mixing gently until the mixture is well blended and compact.
- 6). The dough for thevegan Easter doveit should be worked for about 10 minutes.
- 7). Transfer the dough into a well greased bowl. Grease the surface of the dough and let it rise for 3 hours.
- 8). Take the dough back and knead it. At this stage the dough will deflate but it is very normal, do not worry. Knead it for a couple of minutes.
- 9). Transfer the dough into one or more paper containers for doves that you have previously brushed with oil. Let it rise (again) for another 3 hours.
- 10). After the second leavening, garnish the surface of the dove with almonds and, if necessary, with grains of sugar. Bake at 200 degrees for about 40 minutes.
to further flavor the colomba you can add the juice of one of the two oranges and 5 grams of cinnamon.
Vegan Colomba with sourdough
I'm a real onefanof the mother yeast! I use it for any preparation, sweet and savory! In the fridge I have yeast colonies accustomed to long, rapid leavening but also based on the food substrate to be leavened, so for Manitoba flour, flour mixes, for whole wheat flour or, my favorite, khorasan wheat flour.
To start with therecipe of the vegan Colomba with mother yeast, refresh your sourdough dough. If you have no idea how refreshments are made, I invite you to read my guide:how to refresh the sourdough.
Ingredients for the first dough of vegan dove with mother yeast:
- 150 g of refreshed sourdough
- 450 g of flour 0
- 250 ml of water
Gradually mix the three ingredients, knead as if it were the dough of a pizza. Knead vigorously for 10 minutes. Let the dough rest for an hour during which it must be in a container covered with a damp cloth to avoid the formation of a possible surface crust.
Ingredients for the second dough of the vegan dove with sourdough:
- 200 g of whole cane sugar
- 100 ml of orange juice
- 80ml canola oil (or corn oil)
- 100 grams of flour 0
- the grated rind of two oranges
- the grated rind of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon of organic vanilla powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 100 grams of chopped almonds
Step # 2
To the first dough, add all the ingredients just mentioned. First add the solid ingredients and then the liquid ones, working the dough for at least 15 minutes.
The finished product will have a much softer texture than the previous result.
Again, cover the bowl of the dough with a kitchen towel and let it rest in a warm place for at least 6 - 8 hours. The ideal would be to prepare the dough in the evening and bake it the next morning.
Ingredients for decorating the vegan dove with natural yeast:
- 1 mold per dove
- 1 level tablespoon of corn malt
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 30 unpeeled almonds
Step # 3
When the leavening is complete, transfer the dough to the well-greased mold for colomba. Dissolve the corn malt in water and brush the solution along the surface of the dove. Add the almonds and cook in the oven at 180 ° C for 45 minutes.
To check that cooking is complete, you can use a spaghetti or a toothpick to stick into the dough to evaluate its consistency and humidity.
For baked desserts,canola oil it is more suitable than seed or corn oil. It is lighter, it does not weigh down the dough and above all it does not disturb the palate.
to best decorate the vegan colomba you can use chopped hazelnuts, almonds and sugar grains.